Are you an indie filmmaker? Do you want THOUSANDS of people to view your film? Send it to the Contamination Film Festival. Genre is NOT an issue. Short film or a feature? We’ll show it, but the feature slots are filling up fast!*
*6 feature slots are available…..THIS year.
Our mission is to not only show the Contamination attendees what is going on with indie filmmaking in the Mid-West, but to also network those same filmmakers with potential talent.
The dates for the film festival are NOVEMBER 4-5, 2017
FILMS NEED BE RECEIVED 2 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE SHOW SEPT 3, 2017.
If entering a film, the following must be adhered to:
1. ALL films must be in English, or English spoken language voice over. NO subtitles, as to not take away from the visual experience.
2. Must be mailed/sent by the U.S.P.S., or other similar shipping company, post-marked prior to SEPTEMBER 3, 2017. If the post-mark shows a date AFTER THIS DATE your film will NOT be eligible.
3. Each film submitted is required to be on a DVD, that is NOT in distribution. If distribution has been granted, signed, etc., the film will still be shown, THIS COUNTS FOR ANY film that may be on social media, YouTube, or any other file sharing site.) * NO blu-ray copies will be accepted. Any blue-ray copies submitted will NOT be shown.
HOW TO ENTER:
Fill out the submission entry form, mail it in with your DVD and postal money order order made out to Dyer Straits Productions 617 N Creek Crossing Trenton IL 62293.
In order to show your art to the general public at Contamination, the following materials are required:
1. A DVD, formatted for North America viewing, with a simple menu (no special features, behind the scenes, etc.), and a protective sleeve to prevent scratches.
2. Submit short narrative of the film and tagline brief description of the store , Director name, writer's name and main cast on a sheet of paper and legible.
Any and all filmmakers are allowed to enter as many films as they please, but feature length film slots are limited to SIX, at this time. If one filmmaker submits more than one feature, eligible for an award, the festival organizer and the convention organizer will choose the best of the submissions to be shown. If the other feature is NOT shown, that entry will NOT be refunded.
Each film submitted MUST abide by the entry materials requirements. i.e. One filmmaker submits 3 short films and 1 feature length film, 4 separate DVD’s with protective sleeve for each, 4 separate entry forms, and 4 separate narratives, as explained earlier.